A Segment is a group of users with common properties.
Segments are used in A/B tests. Adapty has predefined segments:
- Non subscribed users: Freemium users that never subscribed.
- Subscription cancelled users.
- Trial cancelled users.
To create a segment, write a segment name, and choose attributes.
- App User ID
- App Version
- Calculated subscription state
- Calculated total revenue USD
- Country from ip
- Country from store account
- Creation date
- Subscription expiration date
- Subscription product
- Attribution Source: Organic, Non-Organic, Unknown
- Attribution Channel
- Attribution Campaign
- Attribution Ad Group
- Attribution Ad Set
- Attribution Creative
- Custom Attributes
Please note that these attributes are predefined and cannot be modified, except for App Version attribute, which allows for adding new values.
To create even more targeted segments, you can also create custom attributes. Custom attributes allow you to create user groups based on properties that are specific to your app or business.
To create custom attributes, you can set them up in either the mobile SDK or the dashboard, and there is no specific order in which they need to be created. To set up custom attributes in the mobile SDK, please follow this link to learn how to set them up.
Adapty collects the country of the store for iOS devices with version 13 or higher. However, for Android devices, the store country information is collected after purchases have been made. If you need to analyze the country for both stores before the purchase, use the Country segmentation option.
For targeting iOS devices, you can use both Country from store and Country segmentation options. Note that for Android devices, country information is available only after purchase.
To create custom attributes from Adapty Dashboard, click on Create Custom Attributes from the Select Attribute Dropdown options.
Here's how to fill the fields for custom attributes. Also, you can read more about custom attribute validation rules here.
- Name represents the name of the custom attribute and will be used in the Adapty dashboard only.
- Key is the unique identifier for the custom attribute. This key value should match the key value used in the SDK.
- Type field has two options. If you select "String", you have to enter a list of possible values for the attribute. If you select "Number", the attribute will accept only numeric values.
- If you selected "String" as the type, enter a list of possible values for the attribute. If you selected "Number", the attribute will accept only numeric values.
Complete all the required fields first, and then you can begin utilizing the custom attribute in your segment definition. Once you've created your segments, you can use them to target A/B testing, among other things!
Updated 3 months ago