Adapty paywall builder
A no-code solution for the easy creation of native layout paywalls.
You can create paywalls faster and easier using Adapty paywall builder and get them directly in your iOS app as native layout pages.
Currently, this feature works with Swift SDK only.
We've analyzed dozens of paywalls and created a solution that allows you together with Adapty A/B tests to check the most valuable hypotheses quickly.
The builder is created to set the core conversion-driving elements of paywalls with several clicks in the dashboard without spending time on minor design amendments and technical settings. It helps also to edit your paywall native layout on the fly by changing it visually in the Adapty web interface.
To use the paywall builder you need to initially set the SDK part just once. Please follow the articles below to do so.
Pro+ and Enterpise feature
Please before you start setting the feature mind that the Adapty paywall builder is available starting from Pro+ plan. For more information kindly see the pricing.
- Fetching Paywalls & ViewConfiguration
- Presenting Visual Paywalls
- Handling Visual Paywall Events
When everything is set on the SDK side you can use just the Adapty dashboard to create paywalls using paywall builder, edit them, run tests with them, etc
Paywall builder in the dashboard
Adapty paywall builder works as an optional supplement to the main flow of handling paywalls so you may switch it off/on when needed with a toggle.
Please mind that all your work with paywall builder will be reflected in your application if you have set the SDK part.
Adapty paywall builder allows creating paywalls on the base of a predefined asset that will look good in your app and will let you test the core conversion-driving elements. The layout is based on the analysis of dozens of successful paywalls and may be considered a standard.
Moreover, it has a list of variable parameters to customize the paywall according to your goals.
- Closing button
- The main picture
- The main claim
- 3 USPs/features
- 2 products with one highlight
- Purchase button
- Legal links footer
Let's see how each parameter works.
- You can choose to have a closing button on your paywall (a soft paywall) or not (a hard paywall). Just put a toggle "Hard paywall" as needed and see how the closing button will take its place or disappear.
- The main picture defines the total look of the paywall and evokes an emotion pushing for a purchase. So here comes a creative part opened for boundless experiments. Though a couple of recommendations here may be helpful.
- A photo should be PNG or JPEG < 2Mb.
- Photos with the main object in the center and some free space around it usually make the message clear.
- Emotional and/or bright photos work.
- Graphic works but use it without claims as there is a separate place for texts in the asset.
Select devices in the drop-down above the asset and see how your layout looks on different screens.
- And let's speak about the colors here, right after the photo. In Paywall builder you can:
- choose the dark or light mode - the background for all the texts and links below the main picture;
- choose the 1st accent color - for the purchase button and the highlight of the main recommended product;
- choose the 2nd accent color - for the bullets of features and offer text in the products.
Why is it cool to set colors right after the photo? It's just a quick life hack for you to create stylish paywalls really fast and don't spend time on pangs of creativity.
Take a look at your photo and see the two brightest colors on it. Then just choose these colors as the accent and here is your ready paywall design.
Your visual concept, including an emotion from the picture, supported with colors prepares a user to read your main claim offering him something to pay for. This statement should be attractive and short.
Below the main claim you have 3 bullets for three unique values that the subscription will grant the user. Here you should shortly answer why your subscription is worth purchasing.
For the paywall builder layout you can choose 2 products. You arrange them above the builder and may drag and drop to change the order and set the main product on the top. This main product is highlighted in the layout with the 1st accent color and short text label. You may write any text for this label like "Best price", "Top choice", "Most popular", etc
Please mind that the prices in the web dashboard layout are just placeholders. You have your own pricing that you set for products in AppStore Connect and you will see those real prices when your paywall goes live.
Purchase button is the point where your conversions happen. So we recommend connecting it by color with the emotional picture and testing its wording.
There is a legal links footer at the bottom of the asset where you may change the names and URLs.
Updated about 1 month ago